Tuesday, May 1, 2012

bill and rosi


April 29, 2012

Hello Family

Well, another week has past.  Wow, the time goes so fast.  Look out, the older I get, the faster the time seems to go.  I sure hope that things have gone well for all of you.  Hope that the emotional bumps and bruises have healed and that you are moving on down the road.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TIMMY MATHEWS TOMORROW!  Let's see, how old are you Son?  I believe it is 35.  That may seem old to you, but Dad would argue as he will soon be 70!!!

This is my month of festivals at school.  We have had three choirs qualify for State.  I have also listened to about 200 auditions over the past few weeks.  You know, it is tough to "do right" by all of these kids.  Each with their own special problems and needs, talents and energies.  I will post the results this Friday and then "get out of Dodge".  

I saw the sweetest little baby at Walmart. It made me think of our babies so later that day, I gave Parker a big love and wished that I could also meet, hold and love the new little guy in Texas.  Kole GIDEON!!  (I've been reading about Gideon in the scriptures.)  I took the opportunity to dust and straighten the pictures of our grandbabies that hang in Dad's room.  The picture of Elizabeth is as an infant.  She has maybe made the greatest change since we saw her.  I know that Sadee has also really grown.  There are 3 pictures missing.  One of that great big kid that lives in Las Vegas...  and of course Parker and Kole.
Thanks so much for our beautiful grandchildren.   Dad and I spend time sitting and looking at pictures in his room.  Whether they are on the wall or on the computer screen.  We love them all!!!

Friday night something special happened.  A big ole Yukon SUV pulled up in front of our door and out poured five Mathews (with a 6th in hand) with garden equipment.  They spent the next two hours in our yard fixing sprinkling systems, pulling weeds, fertilizing the lawn and more.  It meant so much.  Thanks Luke, Amy, Tyler, Emma and Quincey for all of your help. 

Dad and I recently had a meeting with a financial consultant.  (Triggered in part by Tim's family).  He has put us on a "financial diet".  He has challenged us to begin living on the amount of money we will have after I retire.  That is like going on a diet before you really need to.  BUT I know that it will help to get us ready for the future.

I don't think that I have told you this:  a recent personal decision was that I need to be more positive and LAUGH MORE.  Usually my laugh (at least when watching a funny movie) is a weak little smile. (no sound.)  So, I have been practicing LAUGHING.  I go into the gym in the early morning before the lights have been turned on, and I walk.  (The green exit signs give me just enough light that I can tell where I am.)   It has been the perfect time to "practice" laughing.  It has been pretty crazy but with no one to hear me, I can put out some pretty good fake laughs.  I told my A Cappella choir about my attempts to be more positive and one popular, bright, senior raised his hand and said "now, what time do you walk?".  Wanting to listen in on my crazy attempt to laugh.  Do you kids remember that about once a year when you were growing up I would have a laughter blow out  where once I got started laughing I could not stop?  (I think I was making up for all of the lost laughter in one swoop.)  I haven't done that in years. I kinda miss it.

Word for the week:  "Squander"  waste of precious time.
Word for next week:  "rallly" to pick yourself up and succeed when you think you are defeated.

Bodyslam for week:   Petal.  She bit me again.  But I forgave her and we are friends.

Laurel's wedding is two weeks away.  It should be beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment