Wednesday, May 9, 2012

marlies

Greetings dear Family from Las Vegas

Things are good here.  We are in the last month of Roderick's senior year.  I can't believe how big he has gotten.  I know that seems crazy as I got a 17 year old 6 foot teenager.  But he just seems to have grown into a man the last few months.  He has such a great heart and loves to wrestle.  Makes me think of Luke as I try to escape his iron grasps.  Makes me miss the good old days :)
His all star game practices start in a week.  The game is June 2nd.  He will be starting defense for sure, but will probably be playing some offense as well.  He is really out of shape but super excited.   His announcements should be coming out next week.  His pictures turned out great.  Hope you will all make it to his graduation.

This week is a crazy busy week for me as Next week I am off to Omaha for the annual Program Operations Conference.
As soon as I get back, we have our annual fundraiser - honoring Dana White.  He is the president of the UFC.  IT IS A HUGE DEAL.  I am really excited and hope things go well.  I actually got him approved to honor while I was the acting Executive Director.  It was a big adjustment for Boys Town as it is all about boxing.  We are now seeing the fruit of all that labor.  It is looking like it may end up being one of the biggest events Boys Town has ever had.  We have a lot of work to do...but everyone should be here to help us celebrate.

Melissa is good - excited for school to end.

We love you all and miss you like crazy.  Be good and be happy
Marlies

No comments:

Post a Comment