Wednesday, May 23, 2012

marlies

Hello my dear family
What a week this has been.  I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude and love for each of you. 
We are all so lucky and so blessed – through our hardest times, it is all of you that get me through.  It is amazing how our Heavenly Father supports us.

I had such a sweet moment with Roderick and Melissa last night.  Roderick came into my room and plopped himself down on my bed then proceeded to hit me with his new Mission Prep Manual.  He had just returned from the class and had a glow about him.  He wanted to teach me what he had just learned about the atonement and the Plan of Salvation.  We sat there for the next hour talking about how important the atonement is – How part of it is a gift to us from god (Mercy) but how we have to work and claw our way out of sin through repentance and Faith (Justice).  Our conversation led to the potential that is in all of us.  Satan is going to try to hold us down because he understands our potential and strength.  It is us who have to believe and have faith in that potential and find that inner strength.  It is amazing that even at 39 years old I still struggle with that and need to be reminded.

Laurel’s wedding was beautiful.  Cristi and Howard did a beautiful job.  I felt so lucky to be a part of their beautiful family.  I sure missed you all and would have loved to fill up a table with the Mathews Clan.  I was so grateful that Luke, Amy and Dad were there.  It was nice to hold onto them. 

I love you all
Marlies

No comments:

Post a Comment