Wednesday, May 23, 2012

rosi and bill

Hello Family,

I hope you are having a wonderful Mothers Day.  

I had an awesome walk this morning.  I was at the Sorensen home and rose early to take a "stroll down memory lane". 
 
First stop was the Logan Temple.  Two weeks ago in Sunday School we had a discussion about the teachings of King Benjamin.  The question was asked “what did you learn from your parents?”  That thought has caused me considerable reflection.  Today, as I stood pondering (in front of the Logan Temple) I studied that beautiful old building and thought of the men (and women) who had labored for no pay and brought their very best in creating this building to the Lord.  It stands tall, strong and with great dignity.  I wondered if the rest of us were measuring up to our pioneers’ standard. Maybe our contributions are not seen in stone and mortar, but maybe our contributions are what we teach and inspire others to do.  Maybe we are building temples (castles) in the sky. 

As I walked the streets towards Utah State I walked past my first apartment that I lived in in 1964.  It was neat to reflect on the fun I had there and in particular the snowball fight my roommates and I had with the "boys next door."  (We actually broke our front door trying to hide from the barrage of snowballs that were thrown at us.)   

I stopped more than once to smell the wonderful lilac bushes that grew close to the sidewalk.  At one point, while pausing to inhale the flower's fragrance, I thought  "what if there is a bee in that flower.  It might sting me on my nose.  Now that wouldn't be nice, would it?"  So, needless to say, I was a bit more careful after that.

My next stop was Utah State and Old Main.  I climbed those 122 steps counting each one.  Then sat and rested and looked out over the beautiful Cache Valley, so green and lovely.  So home....
Word for the week:  ??  will have to wait for next week.
Recipe for the week:   likewise

It has been a very busy week and I am glad it is over. Dad went with Luke's family to Las Vegas for Laurel's wedding.  I will be glad to see him.  

I love you all.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment