Tuesday, March 6, 2012

marlies family


Hello Family

I started this yesterday – BUT I am going to finish it today J

I have to agree with Jill that these updates have really become a great way to keep track of everyone.  I know that I don’t do a great job calling, but I sure do love you all.

It was a difficult weekend in the Marlies Mathews home.  We had a boy in one of our residential homes attempt suicide on Friday. He is OK, as some of my great family teachers got to him in time.  Regardless of whether you know the person or not, it is at these times that I am so grateful for each of you - We tend to take family for granted until you are reminded how important it is to kids who don’t have one.
Because of this, we were unable to go to Utah this weekend to see Parker be blessed.  Luke and Amy, we were so sad to miss this special occasion.  Melissa, Roderick and I were so excited.  We enjoy our trips up there so much.  I think Roderick was the most upset because he was excited to ride the 4 wheeler. 

Melissa is doing good.  She continues to text like a maniac and Roderick and I refuse to go to the store with her anymore because our 10 minute trip and her 10 minute trip differ by about an hour.  That girl knows everyone.  Tim, she might be more popular than the two of us put together J

Roderick is getting very excited to go to college.  We called and talked to his counselor last week.  Looks like he will be going the first week of Aug. Honestly I think I will cry like a baby when he leaves.  He gave Melissa and me a card he made in church yesterday.  I know this is normal for all of you mom’s out there, but it was my first “church card”.  He drew some pictures on the front (heart and a Bear????) folded it in half and then wrote that he appreciates and loves us.  I have it hanging on my mirror in my bathroom next to mom’s story about her dollar.  My goodness, God works in mysterious ways.

Well, I love you all and hope you are well. 
Marlies

No comments:

Post a Comment