Tuesday, March 6, 2012

luke and amy


Hello Everyone!!

I have intended to write one of these whenever I see yours.  Then, life gets in the way and I don't get it done. I have all the ones you have sent saved in a family update folder! :)  So, right now while I am supposed to be working with Turbotax here on my computer, I will take a break and attempt one of these updates!!

Parker was blessed Sunday.  Deb & Nick and their cuties came. Grandma Rosie & Grandpa Bill, Dixie & Linc, Kathy & Kyle, Stephen and his family, Chelsea & Carson (my niece & Nephew) all came. It was great to see them all. We sure missed not having EVERYONE there! I love when we are able to get together!  I made Parker's dress. Kathy was great and made sure we got some pics. She does such a great job taking pics!

Luke is heading for China this Saturday! He's been busy buying gifts to take to the people he will be working with over there. Evidently, it is more important to wrap them nicely than to worry about what you are giving them?!  He has been busy with bishopric duties. He is such a great dad. The kids love to wrestle and snuggle with him.  The other night when Emma had a MELTDOWN, he handled her so well.  She was being soooo belligerent with him (usually she is not with him) and he was just firm back.  I was downstairs thinking she deserved to be thrown in a cold shower or the snow!! Good thing he was handling her and not me.  When she calmed down, she snuggled with him. :)  He is super helpful around the house and keeping us straight on things going on - because for some reason I have lost the ability to be organized (at all!!) with the addition of a 4th child!! I'm trying to get a handle on it!! I was late to church two weeks ago for the first time in YEARS because I can't seem to get the knack of estimating a timetable to get ready or get things done when I am going somewhere!!

Tyler just finished basketball!  He missed 2 of the last 3 games due to "almost pneumonia" according to the dr.  I took him in on a Saturday morning and proceeded to spend 5 hours going from the dr's office to the hospital for chest x-rays and back to the dr's office.  He didn't have pneumonia but they said if we had waited a day or two more, he would have.  So, after breathing treatments, steroids, an antibiotic for ear infections and over a week out of school, he is doing much better!! He and Emma have started piano lessons and love them!!  If I call him and he doesn't answer it means he has his nose stuck in a book somewhere and he gets so engrossed that he doesn't hear what's going on around him. (My mother used to get after me for that! LOL)  He is just about to outgrow his pants (okay, he already has but I make him sag them a bit so they will fit until shorts weather!! LOL - keeping fingers crossed)  He is so cute with his sisters. He and Quincey have THE CUTEST relationship! They are pals.  He loves to snuggle Parker - but his chances are limited because if she is not in my arms she is in Quincey or Emma's!  He and Emma have figured out how to play together, as well! Actually, the 3 of the now play peacefully together (well, peacefully may not be the word to describe our house!! They are quite LOUD, but at least it is usually with laughter now and not arguing!!) We had one of Emma's friends come over. When she walked in the kitchen, we had the soundtrack from Rapunzel playing and the girls (and I - sheesh) had been dancing and singing.  She said, "Uh, I wish I lived here!! I asked her why and she replied, "because, it's loud and crazy!! My house is too quiet and peaceful."  Hmm. There is something to be said about quiet and peaceful, but we won't really know for several years to come! LOL   I think my 3 (now four, but she's still pretty quiet) are louder than my sister's 5!

Emma is now reading up a storm.  She reads the scriptures with us without much help at all - usually on names LOL!  She loves to help with Parker. Can I tell you how few poopy diapers I change??!!  She doesn't even tell me she is going to change Parker.  She just takes the initiative and does it!! How nice is that?  She is still super precocious and I have plenty of messes to clean up, but they are less severe than they used to be!  She came home from church 3 weeks in a row, upset because a girl in her class was picking on her - poking her with sharp pencils and hitting and kicking her!!!  The mama bear in me was about to talk to the mom, but instead I was prompted to call and make a playdate with the girl.  I called her mom and asked if Jenna could come over to make pretzels with Emma. I also briefly said they had not been getting along in class and I wanted them to get to know each other.  When Emma came home and I told her Jenna was coming over she about flipped!! LOL  But they spent 2 hours laughing and giggling and playing with that pretzel dough.  Now, they play at least once a week!

Quincey is now reading.  She brings home books from preschool and reads them to us.  She feels so grownup! I love when we read the scriptures and Luke helps her "read."  He reads a phrase and she repeats it. Sometimes he says a full full sentence and she is usually able to remember the whole thing and repeat it! It impresses me!  At the beginning of the school year I was bummed that she was missing the kindergarten cutoff by 20 days.  Now, I am so grateful to have had this extra year with her! She is a great little buddy.  She loves to cart Parker around.  She even forgives Parker for pulling her hair and barfing on her! LOL

Parker puts up with a lot too!!  She is so good-natured.  It is a good thing she is stronger and can hold her head up, now.  I don't have to worry (as much) about the girls carting her around.  I did lose the pics from her first week of life because I broke the sd card from my camera. So, any of you who have pics, I would love to have you email them to me so that we have some. PLEASE??!! ;)  She rolled over Saturday.  She also smiles and coos and talks for anyone who will give her the time. She is such a happy girl - as long as she is not hungry or stinky.  We are taking her down to NM to meet some of the family.  Bec, I hope you are able to make time for us.  I tried calling, but left a message. I will try again.  

I have been busy trying to keep the house clean, keep up with the MOUNDS of laundry (Parker seems to throw up on everyone and everything!! Seems to be a little less throwing up lately though, but lots of laundry!)  I sewed Parker's dress and just keep up with the kids homework, etc.

Well you got and ear/eyeful from us to try to catch you all up. I will try to update more frequently so these are not so long!! LOL
PS. I attached some pics

love you all!!!
Amy and the rest of the gang 



Now back to TurboTax! You sure you don't want to hear more about us?? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment