Monday, March 19, 2012

bill and rosi


March 18, 2012

Hello Dear Family,

I hope you are all healthy and doing well.  You mean so much to Dad and I.

It is early Sunday morning and we have had a night of storm.  The wind has been howling and the rain falling.  It looks a bit eerie outside. I am seated at my desk, the blind on the window open, quiet beautiful music playing, a fragrant (Moolight Kiss) candle burning, the kookoo clock ticking and I am in my greatest relaxation mode.   Music, quiet, light, scent and clock.  My formula for peace.

Dad has had a very busy few days.  He drove to Albuquerque with Amy and children last Saturday, he flew back home on Wednesday and then left Thursday morning for Las Vegas.  He will probably stay there this next week.  It is nice for him to travel and to see you guys, but I really miss Big Bill.  I have been lonely.

Speaking of Dad, it will be his 70th birthday in June and I was wondering if we could come up with a way of recognizing this milestone.  I doubt that includes your all coming home for the celebration, but I have spoken with Deb about the possibility of putting together a Memory Book or some such thing.  If you have some ideas would you please share them with us.  The time is short to collect memories so we would need to get on this quickly.  

Did you all know that Luke is in Asia and will be there for three weeks.  Wow, isn't that something?  He planned the entire trip and two of his bosses are with him.  He will be in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing.  What a remarkable experience for him.  I dropped him off at the airport last Saturday morning.  He was a bit anxious but I am sure all is going well for him.  I believe he said that they would be visiting about 15 manufacturing facilities.  China is one of the Big Boys now.  Could easily take over as the world power if the USA fails to move a head.

This has been a rough week for me.  Lots of frustrations:  grant written that didn't plan out because of unknown complications; flat tire on my Spunky Grandma Car; clothes washer broken and needs to be replaced; and more little things.  Oh, well, I guess it is my turn.

 Tamme and Ben will soon have a new baby.  Wow, a little boy!!  I think that they are naming him "Sue" but I guess that is yet to be determined.  We are so happy for you guys!.  Kloey's birthday March 27th.  Nine years old.  Kael, Gali, Sadee, Adam, Tim and Rosi all have birthday's in April.   That is a passel. 
Good luck Tamme!!   She has now retired from her Seminary Job.   Almost four years of early morning seminary.  You deserve lots of blessings, Tam!

Nick and Deb are busy painting different rooms in their house these days. They are always busy.  I spent last weekend with them and made my first trip to the Texas Road House for a steak.  Mmmmm, that was good.  I tried my hand at a steak here at home yesterday.  It just did not measure up.  Claire and Chunky Monkey are so fun to be with.  I had a really good time.

Special thanks to Adam and Becky for hosting Dad in Albuquerque this past week.  He loves to be with you guys.  Thanks to the Frus' for making him feel wanted and special.

Hello to Tim, Jill, Elle and Liam.  Hope you are doing well in Rhode Island.  I spoke with Marlies on Thursday evening.  She sounded so tired.  Hope you got some good sleep....  after Dad arrived at midnight.  

As you all know, Laurel Bulloch will be married on May 12 in Las Vegas.  Her local shower is March 31st.  I plan to purchase a nice gift for her for the shower.  (and not for the wedding.)  If you would like to join Dad and I in that gift, please send me money ($20 or what you feel you can afford) by March 26th and I will include you in that present.  We all know that the Bulloch family has helped the Mathews family in the past.  It is important that we reciprocate in a meaningful manner.

 Dixie is not doing very well.  She has a problem with a blocked duct (I think that was the explanation) in her stomach and has a large extended protrusion on her left side.   The doctors are not very concerned but that is not helping her as she is very anxious about it.  (It is easy to know when she is miserable as she adds little swear words and terseness to her communications).  She was thinking about going to the emergency room yesterday, but as far as I know she did not go.  She has also had severe back ache in the past couple of weeks and continues to struggle with her knees.   We are getting older...   wow, it's hard to accept.  

Twila recently had surgery on her vocal folds.  They created a hole in one of the folds and she can breathe so much better.  Her folds are paralyzed and remain almost closed.  It has been very taxing for her to breath.  Reneal Trimble remains seriously ill now back in a Reno hospital.

Well, guy and girl friends, I love you so much.  You mean the world to Dad and I.  Take care of yourselves.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment