Tuesday, March 27, 2012

luke and amy


Hi Everyone!

The rain is torrential this morning!! I hope it calms down before I have to send the kids to the bus - or I will feel badly they have to be in that stuff! :)  We talked to Luke this morning and he is ready to come home!  He went to the Great Wall of China today, got a sunburn and drove several hours. We pick him up tomorrow night at 11:30p.  The kids are super excited!  We finished up our trip to NM late Thursday night.  The kids got up the next morning for school.  The child in each fourth grade class that read the most minutes this month got to "shoot for cash" against their teacher.  So, we had hurried back to let Tyler do it. He read the most minutes, but we didn't get back until Friday and they chose the winner on Thursday. He was very disappointed because he read over 2500 minutes this month!!

It was not a very big week so not much to say.  A few little things.

I was released from RS yesterday.  It always makes me nervous waiting for them to come up with the next calling for me! LOL  We got to church after being gone for 2 weeks and evidently Tyler was supposed to give a talk in Primary.  I told him to tell them that we had no idea that he was supposed to and he said, "No worries, Mom. I'll bare my testimony. I'll just wing it."  I almost told him no, but then decided the more comfortable he is with "winging it" the better since we never know when we will have the opportunity to bare our testimony to someone else or give a lesson later, etc.  So, it will be good practice for him! :)

Emma is a great little helper.  She cleans, cooks if I will let her and takes care of Parker - changing diapers without even being asked!

Quincey decided it would be a good idea to start whistling in the middle of sacrament meeting yesterday. ??  She is funny.  Going through a stage right now that I hope doesn't last too long - she melts whenever you correct her and she worries about every little thing everyone else (especially Emma) is doing or not doing.  She is a great helper with Parker. 

The kids sure had fun playing with all their Matkin cousins! It was sad to leave.   We were able to see the Frus' and we had fun going to the aquarium with Becky and Elizabeth! Thanks Becky and Adam for taking care of us!! Adam rearranged rooms and carried mattresses, etc to make sure we were comfortable!! Thanks for making us to welcome!

We love you all! Hopefully there will be more interesting stuff next week than this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment