Tuesday, March 27, 2012

bill and rosi

Hi Everybody,

Dad and I are watching the Jazz Buzzies....   wow, they have had 6 straight wins in a row.  Now we are in overtime with the Hawks and we are tied at 100.  As the announcer would say "it's buckle up time".  Dad and I get so nervous.   He leaves and comes back.  I look for a distraction.  Now it is double overtime....   whoops, now it is triple overtime in Atlanta.  FOURTH OVERTIME!!!   (first 4th overtime in Jazz history)  DAD AND I ARE DYING.  Jazz lost 133 to 139.

Dad arrived home safely from Las Vegas today.  I also came back from Logan.  Dad has been gone (except for one day in transition) for over two weeks.  I have really missed him.  So has the kitty, Petal.  He came home happy and with more energy than I have seen in a while.  I think that the Becky and Marlies families had a good influence on him.  Dad and I talked about our time a part for over 30 minutes.  That's more talking than all month.  He had such a good time.  Thanks daughters, for taking care of Dad.  Thanks to the Sorensens for taking care of Rosi.  I made two trips to Logan in the mean time and had a super time with Deb's family.  Dad and I are so blessed to have such great kids.  You should see Claire ride her bike.  She is awesome.  Pink bike complete with training wheels and helmet.   

On my way back from Logan I was listening to the radio.  The announcers gave some great advise to help build traditions around general conference.  (which is next weekend.)  I thought that I would pass them on to you.  They suggested that you have a different treat for each of the general authorities.   (the first presidency and the 12 apostles.)  That way each time one of them speaks you pull out the treat that represents them.   Some examples are:  Cookies for Elder Cook.  Nuts for Elder Oakes (oak tree has nuts on it, get it?  tee, hee);  Carrots for Elder Nielsen (because he is a heart doctor and carrots are good for the heart.)  Chips for Elder Bednar (because he was the President of BYU Idaho and they are famous for potatoes.) and the final suggestion was orange sherbet for Pres. Monson (because that is his favorite treat.)   All I could see as I finished listening was fun for the kids but then, probably a stomach ache.

Our thoughts are with Tamme and Ben at this time.  A new baby just around the corner.  We are very excited for you.   So glad that Tamme's Mom will be with them.  Dad and I will not be able to visit Texas this spring.  We are sad as we have visited in Texas for the last three years.   Please keep us fully informed, Benny.   Give "Sue" a hug for us, first thing.

Tim and Jill, Travis???  has called a couple of times to discuss financial planning.   Thank you for giving us a little push there.  I actually called our own financial planner this past week and had a very meaningful meeting with him.  Retirement for us?  Kinda scarey.  

I was in charge of a Relief Society program this past Wednesday. It turned out to be a very nice experience.   There were 9 ladies from our ward who represented 9 ladies from the Bible who shared their stories of their experiences with Christ.  It was a very special evening.  I was Martha.  

Petal just jumped up on my lap.   She says "hi  Momma Becky and Daddy Adam.   Life with Grandpa Mathews is good."  What a crazy cat.  She punishes us when we leave her.  Meow.  Whiney.

Have a great week.   Welcome home, Amy and kids from New Mexico and Lukie from Asia.   Hope you had a wonderful time.

Love you all.   You are so wonderful.  Thank you for all of the good things you represent in our lives.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment