Sunday, October 5, 2014

ben and tamme mathews

Well, I don't want to be the last one to reply.  I wouldn't even have a good excuse like Amy, she has family from Australia in town.  Half of my crew is in Utah, enjoying loves from Grandma and the cooler weather.  Which I am so jealous about.  We are still in the high 80-90s.  Yuck.  Last night we finally had some rain.  It was fast and furious, but can't complain when its been forever.

First is Kloey, she is now in the 6th grade.  In our little town the 6th graders have their own school.  Which is pretty cool, because they start switching classes for each subject.  She loves her Language Arts teacher, Mr K.  She says she just laughs and laughs in his class.  I even got a call from him one day telling me how much he enjoyed having her in class.  So cool!  She is still reading ever chance she gets and decided to take dance one more year.  She will be singing a solo in the Primary Program this year.  

Kael is a lot of fun.  He is playing soccer and taking piano (along with Kloey).  He just loves to be active.  We feed the missionaries every week and before dinner Ben and Kael take them on in a game of basketball.  I think Ben and Kael have more wins then the missionaries. It is fun to watch him play- any sport.  The other day he told me that the "jocks" in 4th grade tease him because he is smart.  He said he didn't care, because he would have a better life then them one day.  He sure loves his little brother.  He is so sweet to him.  

Galilee is happy as ever.   I love her "everything is awesome" attitude.  She is doing soccer right now and loves it.  She likes to play goalie, because she stops all the balls.  She has a  best friend that they love to do things with each other.  She is in the 1st grade and likes her teacher Ms Ott.  Her and Kael ride the bus in the mornings this year and they think its pretty cool- for now.  

Sadee is sassy as ever.  She started preschool 2 days a week this year and I think the jury is still out on whether or not she likes it.  Her teacher told me that she is an angel and a joy.  On Thursday I received a call from the preschool that Sadee's throat hurt.  As I was talking to the lady, she tells me that Sadee had a silly smile on her face.  We decided to let her ride it out and that she was trying to pull a fast one on us.  She is a smart little girl.  

Kole, is one cute kid.  He is talking more and more and just makes old ladies and girls swoon all over him with his dimples and curly blonde locks.  He loves to ride bikes and be outside with his buddy Sadee.  I love hearing him yell, sisher!, sisher!  throughout the house. He loves to go with Ben everywhere in Big Bertha, our 1987 Suburban.  He also loves Kael.  He will sit by Kael when we watch a movie and snuggle under the blanket next to him.  I love to see their relationship forming.  

Ben is busy, busy, busy.  He just performed marriages for two kids from our ward and has a 3rd in November.  He does a great job.  He takes people out to eat so often he is getting sick of it and I think, sounds good to me.  While in Utah, he went to Cheesecake Factory 2x in one day.  He loves to play with the kids.  

Me, I'm just doing the mom thing.  Trying make a menu and cook dinner.  Trying to get a jump start on Christmas this year.  And running these crazy kids around.  Wouldn't have it any other way.

We haven't had visitors in, oh, I don't know how long.  Time for some.

Love, The Texas Mathews

No comments:

Post a Comment