Friday, October 3, 2014

nick and deb sorensen

Hello Family!

We stopped writing to each other and I hate that. I never hear about you, unless its from Mom. I'd love it if we could keep something going so I know how you all are. I miss you guys and love you and want to know...well, anything would be nice.

So, I'll start:

We are moving to Katy, Texas on October 15th-ish. They pack us on the 13th and 14th and then take our cars on the 15th. I went down last week to look at houses for rent. It was a rough time, to be honest. I had all these 'great' houses picked out and then when I went and saw them, I would see the neighborhood they were in and know I wouldn't feel safe there with four kids and a husband that travels...so we drove right on past. We finally found this one and a few others, but WHOOOSH! It's a bit expensive to rent down there. Not as expensive to buy, but holy moly! So, this is our house, if you're interested. Thanks to Jill, I was able to make getting a top school a priority. 

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3043-Fresco-Wells-Dr-Katy-TX-77449/28537555_zpid/

Claire is in first grade and loves her teacher so much that she calls me Mrs Pate on occasion. She is quite a little athlete and I hope to put her in gymnastics when we get down to Texas. She loves to color, be the center of attention and mother everyone. She's a great helper and a good listener.

Matthew aka Bruiser is in preschool and is exactly what you would expect. He's a rough and tumble kid who loves his big sister so much that he's been known to cry when she goes off to school without him. He LOVES legos and Star Wars (probably thanks to Marlies). He was so proud of himself today when he folded a blanket all by himself. Pretty awesome kid. We take 2-3 walks a day because of his silly hip problems. He gets tuckered out and tries to sit in Zoey's seat. He's a big tease.

Monser, I mean Zoey, is so full of personality. When I hear mothers describe their children this way I laugh cause I really think they are just saying that the kid has some loud and abrasive issues. At least that's what I mean when I say it. She squaks to get her way, is not opposed to bite or hit. Yet you can't help but love her. She isn't really into talking much but she makes noises for excuse me, thank you, and bless you. She uses her signs pretty well and for that I'm grateful cause the squaking is a little grating. She likes to be in charge almost as much as Claire.

Thomas aka Tom Tom aka The Tank is a huge smiler and he now giggles and rolls over. At 2 months he has all of us watching his every move cause you just want to snuggle with him. Even Zoey is gentle with him. She's better to him than to her other 2 siblings. 

We are blessed. 

We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment