Friday, October 3, 2014

adam and becky frus

Wow Deb,
that house looks so wonderful.  I love that it is in a cul-de-sac and has a huge fenced in backyard.  I am so glad that you found something that you will be comfortable with.  Believe me, I understand when you don't feel safe in your own house.   Your move is right around the corner too.  I wish I could be there to help...

As for me and mine.
We are doing really well here in ABQ.  We moved in August.  The house is smaller, but the workshop and property are larger and more technologically updated (meaning that both Adam and myself are happier). So the house is easier to clean and Adam can stand up straight in his workshop.

The fall is going really good.  Since the start of the semester we have been non-stop busy.  I have been very motivated this year.  I have given many talks and seminars on my research and feel that I am moving in the right direction.  Not surprisingly, the PhD has been quite a challenge.  I have and am learning so many new things, I am amazed by what I have done, but also a bit overwhelmed by all that still needs to be done.  This is one of those things that I will never stop needing to learn (kind of exciting).

Adam is really getting involved with several different communities here in ABQ.  The art community has opened its arms, since the beginning.  Adam has an art show this weekend (the 8th best Arts and Crafts Show in the nation).  He finished helping install a public art piece this week for another artist.  He is volunteering 2 days a week at the New Mexico Museum of Arts and Science as well as still involved in the ABQ Mineral Club and mineral collecting.  Very busy

Elizabeth is really growing up.  I can't believe how big she is.  Her language is robust and she is quite athletic.  She started preschool 2 full days a week.  I am not sure she loves being there all day and she usually comes home with a bump or scrape, but I do think it is good for her to be around so many kids.  We are working on her letters and she is getting closer and  closer to recognizing all of the letters in her name (and it is a long name).

Last Feb we also made some major adjustments to our family by significantly changing our diet.  We cut out wheat and refined sugars and it really has made a difference.  Adam and I both have lost a good deal of weight (don't ask me how Adam could, but he did).  We are sleeping better and exercising more.  We have really been enjoying eating fresh local veggies and meats.  

We are sure looking forward to seeing Marlies next week.  She is coming to visit for her birthday and we will also get to participate in Balloon Fiesta, which should be AMAZING.  We will be going out into the field to get some of my research done as well as visiting some of the Pueblos.  EJ is so excited she keeps talking about Lies and when is she going to be here?

Anyway, this is my update.  Love to all of you!!
becky, adam, EJ

No comments:

Post a Comment