Tuesday, February 17, 2015

deb and nick december 2014

I've heard of so many families who do a monthly letter. I laugh because one of them is the "Geller Yeller". Too bad there isn't a good one for Mathews. But I'm not a witty person, so maybe someone else could think of a funny one.

I'm just checking in with y'all. I have been thinking about sending out something since Thanksgiving, but keep getting sidetracked. I hope you all (y'all...I always wanted an accent) had a good one. I heard that Tim's family had a great visit with Mom and Dad. I hear Luke's back is AWFUL and he and his family coupled that with a horrible virus over Thanksgiving so I doubt they had a wonderful, restful vacation. But on the bright side, maybe they are the ones who lost the most weight. that was my attempt at being witty. What do you think?

So, here's us:

We spent Thanksgiving with Ben and Tamme and Tawnee (who I'm sure you all have met at some point). Tawnee hosted us and we had a great time letting the kiddos play. My favorite food of the night was the salad that Ben and Tamme brought. I found out (after 3 helpings) that it is a mix from Costco. I'd buy a membership just for that salad! But apparently they have it at Sams now too. Phew! I love Costco, but it was 50 min drive in Colorado. Haven't tried here yet. Nick liked the salad too. Claire ate...almost nothing. Rolls. Zoey and Bruiser liked the sweet potatoes. 

Nick: He took the week off after Thanksgiving. He was sick so we didn't do much. We did go to see the Zoo lights and the Houston Space Center. VERY awesome. He is back to work now and was supposed to be able to hang around in the Houston area for the month of December, but he's gone. He just left Fairbanks, TX and is headed to Corpus Christi, which is a huge site. He loves eating out all the time. Poor kid has to come home to my cooking. 

Me: I actually have some neat news for me. I just got a job teaching a children's choir for two hours a week. I'm actually very very excited. The lady just called me up (I didn't apply or anything) and asked me. I start in January. I need help with a resume for the website. Bec and Momma, you might need to edit for me...Please?

Claire: Funny story for C. We have been discussing the moon and it's cycle. The other night, we were looking at it. 
Claire: Mom! the moon is FULL!
Mom: Hmmm...You think so? I think it's still missing just a tiny sliver. What do you think?
Claire: Yeah, I can see that too. It still needs a little wax. 

Made me laugh. She is so stinking smart. I don't expect her to have moments like that anymore. Usually that is something Bruiser says. She stays up with her classes. She is quite a little math wiz. Must be Dad shining thru here. She's very impatient with herself and for her first time ever, she's throwing some temper tantrums. Urgh.

Matthew AKA Bruiser: This kiddo has been so helpful. I have needed him so much. I am grateful for all he does to help his momma. He chooses clothes for himself, Zoey and Thomas almost everday. He remembers socks, diapers, etc. He even helps Zoey get up on beds (so she can smother, ahem, kiss Thomas. That was my attempt at humor again.) 

Zoey: She is still hard, but she makes me smile. She LOVES to sing. If she's throwing a tantrum, we can sometimes distract her with a song. She now helps put her diaper in the trash. She also is pretty good at going to time out and will occasionally scream, notice that she did a bad action and put herself in time out. I'll turn a corner and find her sitting against a wall with her arms folded. 

Thomas: Nick has decided that all our kiddos need an assortment of nicknames. Animals: Claire Bear, Matthew is Chunky Monkey, Zoey the Zebra, and Thomas the Tiger. And now his kick is nicknames that begin with a B: Bear, Bruiser, Zo Bo and Tom Bomb. 

Oooh! My letter was a lot longer than I thought! Phew! 

Well, we miss you! We love you! Let us know how you are, if you have some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment