Tuesday, February 17, 2015

adam and becky feb 2015

Well we heard from the Texas side of the family and now we can head a bit more west to hear from the New Mexico group!

Adam has been working on several series in his work and they have been finding some success.  He just got placed into a fine art gallery with his high end work.  We are excited about this because it means that someone else is working on selling his art.  He is also preparing for several fine art shows for the year.  This means that we have been blowing a lot of glass.  In fact, we will be blowing this weekend.  I have really been enjoying this outlet.  On top of that he is the greatest dad!  He works hard with Elizabeth and she couldn't be more blessed than to have her dad around all the time.

Elizabeth (EJ) has really grown up. Last night we had a conversation throughout dinner that was so thoughtful and full of vocabulary words I was surprised she used.  She even recognizes and corrects her grammar.  Adam and EJ are headed to Florida in April for several weeks and so EJ is back in swim school to make sure she is ready for the ocean.  She is a very good swimmer already.  She also loves school and pretends to read books to herself (and her stuffed animal friends) to go to sleep at night.

Becky is trying to juggle so many tasks at school that it sometimes feels that I can't get anything done.  I am teaching several classes this semester and trying new approaches to my teaching.  On top of that, I just got great news that a grant I wrote was accepted which will cover all of my time and work until I graduate.  I think that is pretty awesome!  I am really planning my graduation for May 2016.  It seems so close and I have so much to do, but it is still within reach.  On top of all of that, I have to find a job.....so that is just some of the things on my mind.

Other things on my mind are my family.  I feel like I haven't seen many of you in so long, but I still feel so much love for all of you.  I think of you often and hope that you are happy and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment