Friday, February 24, 2012

bill and rosi

Hello Family

Hope you have had a good day.  President's Day...   a day to recoup for me.

My Concerts are over.  Hurray!   They went well.   Only thing missing was that not all of my family was there to see it.   Luke's family has been very sick...   sore throats, head aches, fevers... even little Parker.  Nick. Deb. Claire and Matthew made it down.  We sure love having them, but it was a really quick trip.  My Big Bill was at every performance....  sitting right in the center of the auditorium.  He told me he cried all the way through the second and third performances.  I think he must have like it.  

Stephen was our boarder from Denton Tx. who was here to conduct the orchestra for Utah Lyric Opera's production of La Traviata.   He is a really neat guy and is a professor at North Texas University.  He tells us that his school has the largest music department in the nation.  Stephen used the word "fantastic" over and over.   Now I am beginning to use it.  He would say it differently all of the time...   like fanTAStic   or FANtastic   or fantasTIC   well not really the last one.  But it made me smile.  I asked him if he had any clout in the vocal area as it crossed my mind I might like to do some adjunct teaching there.

Kloey, your mom sent us a picture of your beautiful hair before you had it cut for Locks of Love.   You are a very special person to think of others and sacrifice for them.  I am proud of you.   Today we drove to Salt Lake City to the Huntsman Cancer Center to visit one of my childhood friends.  She has cancer and is now having her third chemo treatment.   She has lost all of her hair.   I believe that your beautiful blonde hair will be used to create hair for other children who are sick like my friend.  You are a champion, Klo!!!

I spoke with Becky today.  Adam is in Mesa at the Botanical Gardens.  He has a huge show there and is very busy.  Adam, we wish you the best and hope that all goes well.

Dad has managed to catch the Luke Mathews' family bug.  (It is a big black creepy thing with 25 legs...  Ho Ho)  He has been sick the past couple of days.  I made him some chicken soup.  He just finished his second bowl.  I am sure he will be healed by morning. 
 
The Jazz just lost in the last minute to San Antonio.   Dang.  

Well, back to the grind for me tomorrow.  Time for solo/ensemble, festivals and tour preparation.  We are going to San Diego this year.   Should be fun.

Luke leaves for China in the next little while.  He stopped by recently and told us the places he will visit.  it should be amazing.  Amy plans to go to Deeming NM and see her family there while he is gone.  That is so nice for her.


Love you guys!   Have a great week.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment