Tuesday, February 14, 2012

becky and adam


Hello Family,
It has been nice to see so many responses to this email.  I love to hear how each of you and your families are doing.  

We here in Albuquerque are doing fine.  The city has turned cold this February and we had actual snow accumulate on the ground on Saturday morning (gone by 11am).  It was fun to watch the big flakes falling while I fed Elizabeth.  very nice and somewhat unusual for us as we had lived in AZ for so long.

Adam is doing great!  Since Christmas he has been preparing for a big show that is happening at the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix starting this Sunday.  This is a show that he and his partner, Josh Dopp, have been doing for 3 years.  They take the mobile studio and give glass blowing demonstrations and teach lessons.  It is a lot of work but they have  great time and always have successful sales.  But to get prepared he has been working continuously for months.  There is a bunch of product and materials that they make and fabricate along with getting the studio working...so it has been busy for him.  On top of all of that he has also been with Elizabeth full time and working on my car.  In fact he just changed out my entire electrical system in my car with a part from the junk yard for $20.  It was so awesome that he was able to get all of the work done and get my car running.  He is amazing!!  He leaves for Phoenix this Wednesday (tomorrow night!!!!) and will be gone for two weeks.

Luckily we are having Shae (sister-in-law) and cousin Violet (under 2 years old) is going to come and stay with us while he is gone.  It will be so fun to have Shae here and to see how the cousins interact with each other.  We always love to come and see each of you with your kid-o's and have Elizabeth have so much fun with them.  It was amazing how many changes  happened right after coming back from Christmas.  She had the chance to watch so many of her older cousins and see how they did things.  Not only am I grateful that the Violet and EJ will get to play, but it is also a relief that I will be able to get to classes and such while Adam is not here.  I know Shae will be a big help and I really appreciate her coming.

EJ is also doing wonderful.  She is running and laughing and smiling all of the time.  She has started to throw little tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants.  She will sit down and start to cry, but she is easily distracted and doesn't get too upset most of the time.  It is amazing to see her beginning to communicate with us.  She is understanding so many words and is beginning to listen.  She has a few words like mom, dad, hi that she says but she uses a lot of sounds for things like dog, cat, milk and hippopotamus.  It is very cute.  She is healthy and strong!

I am doing good in school.  It is a struggle to balance my time between school and home and there is always a lurking feeling that I could have done more (in either place), but I am just doing my best.  I am enjoying my classes and feel like I am understanding and applying my knowledge.  My research questions are slow in being formed and a lot of that is due to my inexperience in the chemistry...but I continue to work and learn and believe that it will all come out right on time.

We love all of you and think of you often.  Happy Valentines Day!
becky

No comments:

Post a Comment