Tuesday, April 24, 2012

bill and rosi


Hello Family,

I have not been able to write the last two Sundays as I have been out of town.  I have missed touching base with you.  I have decided that these messages need to be considered “The Small Plates of Rosi”.  As in Nephi’s case, I will try to make them short and succinct.  However, I will try to include more fun.

Dad and I had a good day yesterday.  We worked together on small projects inside and out.  It felt good to be a team again.  The results include:  clean kitty items and garbage cans; fixed small appliances, a food storage effort, and more.  The end of the day was watching the Jazz play for a playoff berth against the Orlando Magic.  Here’s the scenario:  Dad and Grandma Rosi are watching the game downstairs.  It is the 3rd quarter and the Magic are hitting a barrage of 3 pointers.  Big Bill is frustrated and he leaves.  Rosi watches…  Finally, she goes upstairs and continues watching in her bedroom while she gets ready for bed.  The game goes into overtime.  Rosi stands in front of the TV and starts yelling (literally) at her team to make shots, etc.  (She knew she could help if she just yelled loudly enough).  Jazz team wins by 10 in a single overtime.  Rosi’s efforts paid off.  Hurray!!   Rosi wakes up Big Bill to give him the news.  Big Bill smiles.

Dad and I also made oatmeal cookies together.   Now these are the real deal and boy are they good…   regular oats, raisins, almonds.   Mmmmmm   Then we EAT them.  Lots of them.    MMMMM  Cookie Monster. 

I took a wonderful walk this morning.  The sun kissed my face, the birds sang and I could smell the blossoms of the Aristrocrat Pear trees that are plentiful in our neighborhood.  We live in such a beautiful world.  As I walked I reflected on the chapter from the Book of Mormon that I had read last night during the commercials of the Jazz game.  I envisioned Helaman speaking to his 2,000 sons, asking them if in their exhausted state they should turn and fight the Lamanite army or if they should flee.  I picked a spot in a field that I was walking past and could just see that beat up group of young men huddling up around their leader, Helaman.  They replied that their moms had taught them that if they would not “doubt” they would be successful.  They went to battle and fought a great fight believing that they could win.   What a great example of faith!! 

Thanks so much for the birthday greetings!   Loved the card from Elle.  Very pretty, Sweetheart!  Wish I could share with you the card from Marlies.  It is an over the hill opera singer who actually sings the Happy Birthday song when you open it up.  Thanks for the beautiful scarves, Deb and Claire.  I have worn them this past week and loved them.  It is hard to accept being 66 years old…hard for my body as well as my mind.

School is going well.  I am in the midst of auditions for next year’s choirs.  I think that the Holy Ghost is supporting me.  It is such a busy time of year with multiple festivals and competitions.  Tour was amazing.  San Diego (it rained a lot while we were there.)  We went to Sea World.  (Nice, but it wasn’t half as much fun as when Dad and I went with Ben’s family to San Antonio’s Sea World.  No Big Bill in his motorized cart, no Kloey, Kael and Gali to share time with.)  So great to see Marlies for a few minutes in Las Vegas.  Thank you, Mar, for loving and caring.  Our most memorable day on tour was Sunday.  We sang in 4 locations and touched the hearts of many people…lots of tears by both the audience and the singers.  Our first stop that day was at The First Presbyterian Church of San Diego.   It is a 100 year old building, large and impressive.  The Pastor gave such a long sermon that we were late getting to our next  performance… BUT it was amazing.

Well, this is not as short as I had hoped and I still have more to say.  That’s okay.  Another day.

Dad and I love you so much.  You are in our hearts and minds everyday.

Hello to our new baby Kole Gideon!!!!    Would love to see you.  We could bring cute Parker so that you could meet each other.  Happy Birthday tomorrow, Kael.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment