Monday, November 8, 2010

tim and jill mathews

Alright...I've finally found a second to write our little Family update! Sorry for the delay...but I have surely enjoyed reading about how everybody else is doing! Thanks Deb for this great idea!

We are doing well out here in Rhode Island. The weather is getting colder and the leaves just keep falling. It literally rains leaves daily! The fall colors are just amazing. Everyday, Elle has said to me how happy she is that we live in Rhode Island and how she loves our beautiful home. It makes me smile! Then today, she was complaing how cold she was and said she missed our other new house. She said she misses the carpet...our house is ALL hard wood floor!

Elle and Liam are doing really well. Elle is attending story time twice a week between the Library and Barnes and Noble, she is taking a Musical Movement/Ballet Class once a week, and has a scheduled play date weekly with a couple of little girls from church. Each day I plan activities to do with Elle and Liam and do "my" version of pre-school with both of them twice per week. Elle can recite the Pledge of Allegiance and is learning the sounds of the alphabet, her favorite thing to ask is, "Mom when is recess and Snack time?". She loves Fancy Nancy books and Pinkalicious. She has made quite a few little friends at church and loves her nursery class. Liam is just the most happiest baby ever! He Smiles and laughs at anything he finds silly, has begun headbutting his mommy and daddy... and now the floor. You really have to watch out or you'll get a fat lip! I've thought about getting a mouth guard for myself and a helmet for him! He still is not quite crawling yet. He tries but one leg always gets stuck underneath. He makes his way around by scooting and turning wherever he wants to go. He definately doesn't like being left alone and will cry incessently until he is rescued. The dog (Brooks) is his new best friend! It is really sweet... Liam also is cutting another tooth...that will be number 7!

Tim is loving his job and helping his couples learn how to teach to their youth. He is implementing the Boys Town Way in everyway and has felt a bit of resistence amongst his couples... but his hard work is paying off. He is truely amazing at his job! I have got to attend some guest nights at the homes and have had such a hard time not teaching to the youth! I can see though how much Tim has already helped the site. My favortie thing is that Tim gets to come home at lunch time or if I'm lucky and get the car I pick him up. The kids get so excited to see their Daddy! We look forward to when he comes home and we can spend time with him! It definately is different not having Tim around so much. Absence does make the heart grow fonder!

I am adjusting well. I am super busy and am loving being a stay-at-home mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have recently been called to be 2nd Counselor in Young Womens and LOVE IT! I am teaching the whole month of December and coordinating the activities. I feel blessed to be in this calling...as I feel it's easy for me to connect with the girls and establish relationships. Oh...Tim and I were also just asked to give a talk in church in two weeks. That will the first time I will officially give a talk in church. Yeiks! I'm already preparing (LOL)...Tim on the other hand will probably not prepare until the morning of. I wish I had his talent! I am excited that I have met so many wonderful people here! Tim and I have also made friends with our neighbors! I have also found a job. I have "my own business" working in the home. I am an Independent Agent and am contracted through LiveOps. I make my own schedule and work whatever hours I am available 24/7. I am just finishing up my training and will begin taking calls this week. I am so excited as it allows me to still be a stay-at-home mom, work after the kids are in bed, and am able to contribute to our income.

I miss everyone so much and hope we can see eachother soon. We are experiencing the East Coast for what it is...but always will be West Coast in our hearts! I don't think we are tawking like we are from Bawston quite yet. Can't wait to see Ben, Tamme and Sadee...they will be here this week!

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment