Monday, November 29, 2010

an extra post from grumpy sorensen

Yesterday I was reminded of the fact that singing is not one of my talents. This could have been a blow to my almost nonexistent fragile ego, but fortunately I already knew where I stood when it came to my singing skills. The truly comical part of this was the fact that the reminder came from my 2 year old granddaughter.

The reminder came from a conversation with my granddaughter on our grandfather/granddaughter date and it went something like the following:

Matt: Claire, do you want to go with grumpy and get a hamburger?
Claire: Yesssssss
Matt: Ok, let’s go do a little shopping and then we will get a drink and hamburger
Claire: Ok, I love hamburger
Matt: ( singing an old Partridge Family song to Claire ) “ I think I love you ( repeated 3 or 4 times )
Claire: Silence
Matt: Claire, do you want to sing with me?
Matt: I think I love, I think I love you, I think I love you
Matt: Claire, sing with grumpy
Matt: I think I love you, I think I love you, I think I love you
Claire: NO SINGING!
Matt: What?
Claire: NO SINGING?
Matt: ( ignoring my granddaughter’s command ) I think I love you, I think I love you, I think I love you
Claire: Shhhhhhhh!
Matt: ( ignoring my granddaughter’s command ) I think I love you, I think I love you, I think I love you
Claire: STOP!
Matt: ( ignoring my granddaughter’s command ) I think I love you, I think I love you, I think I love you
Claire:(slowly shaking her head back and forth and in an almost disgusted tone she blurted out) BAD!
Matt: At that point all I could do was burst out laughing. In her own little way, my granddaughter got the best of me and had found a way to shut off my lousy singing

No comments:

Post a Comment