Monday, November 29, 2010

thanksgiving weekend...nick and deb sorensen

Matthew:

Matthew had his appointment last Tuesday. Conclusion: They stuck a scope down his nose and looked at his throat... he was diagnosed with laryngeal malasia (sp?). Which basically means that his epiglottis (a piece of cartilage) hasn't fully hardened and when he inhales, it closes down over the top of his larynx, which causes his problems breathing. Treatment for now---He is on reflux medications to reduce swelling and then we have a standing prescription for steroids if he has an attack so we don't have to go to the ER. They think he will grow out of it, but this is just a first diagnosis. If this doesn't get better, then there could be other things going on and we'll have to wait for those tests because they are more invasive.

He rolled over today! Hurray Matthew! Can't believe how chubby he is. He loves the bath. Claire loves to help him "swim".

Claire:

She has had a blast being at Grammie and Grumpy Sorensen's house. She is singing up a storm. Today she sang, "da tooth about my ajk; impossible, he turn a-way fom me" (the truth about my past, impossible, she'll turn away from me... from The Lion King). I knew she loved the movie, but I didn't know she learned the words. This last week we've been working on "hope they call me on a mission." Her favorite is still Follow the Prophet. For FHE here at the Sorensen home, Grumpy, Savvy, Mom and Mandee got up and did the actions with her so she could sing it. She was such a show off.

She is the bossiest little miss on the planet! I have to keep telling her that it's not polite, or something similar. We work on changing, "Mom, go way! Shut da door." to "Mom, I need some space, please." And while I can understand her desperation for me to leave (she is usually going potty when she tells me this phrase), I have to work hard not to laugh so I don't encourage it. She really is a riot. She went on a 'date' with Grumpy on Saturday night and he was singing in the car with her. "No singing!" she said to him. She lets me this all the time as well. Nick believes that she got her personality from me. Whether it's nurture or nature is the question...

Nick:

We came to Denver for Thanksgiving for a few reasons, but one of the biggest was that Nick had work over here today through Wednesday. And then he flies to DC for the weekend for some more business. Things are really keeping him busy. I'm a little anxious to drive home with two kids, but we'll manage. We went to Nick's birthday dinner at the Red Lobster here in Fort Collins because he will be in DC on his actual birthday. He's getting so old. He is feeling more comfortable in his job---which is AWESOME!

Deb:

I'm still me. I travel home on Wednesday so that I can teach on Thursday and Saturday. Nick just walked in and told me that Logan just got dumped on with a full foot of snow last night and more is scheduled to dump on Wednesday. I may not be able to make it back. AGRH!

Family:

We're here in Colorado. Matt (Grumpy) went with two of his sons out to Salina, Utah area and went elk hunting. He took down a few elk (his second tag for the year---first was in Colorado) and then headed back our way. Our Thanksgiving consisted of...Driving, really. We had to leave later than planned because of weather and work and only got as far as Grand Junction before Matthew had had enough! He had screamed for the last 2 hours and we were drained. We stopped at a Super 8 for the night and continued on the next morning (thanksgiving day). We arrived and put kids to bed, then we went to a movie (Tangled---super cute, big improvement over Princess and the Frog) for Claire and then Nick and I watched Harry Potter 7a (best one yet, FYI). We kinda ruined the Sorensen Tradition of going to HomeTown Buffet for Thanksgiving Dinner because of our late arrival.

How was everyone else's Thanksgiving? I miss you all so much.

Talked to Becky and Adam. Elizabeth Jane has not budged a bit! and she was due last week! We are all waiting to here if they are going through with the induction tomorrow or not (they cancelled the Sunday induction).

No comments:

Post a Comment