Tuesday, July 31, 2012

marlies


Hello my dear family
I love you all so much.  Mom, don’t stop – I love your “Small Plates”.  Although I may not respond each week, I look forward to them and to the responses from each of you.  It really does pull us all together from across the country.  Now more than ever I need that and am grateful for your updates.

Things are hot in Vegas………. I am really excited for my trip to Alaska.  I have always wanted to go since dad went with the “Cliffords”.  They looked like they had so much fun.  I will be spending my time looking for a grizzly bear I can take a picture with….  For those of you who don’t know, I am on a quest to take a picture in EVERY STATE with whatever is on the back of that state’s quarter……That means I need a grizzly bear!!!!!  After I get the picture – I SCRAPBOOK IT!

I have loved my this personal quest as it has given me so many fun memories
South Carolina - Dad and I searched for hours for a Palmetto Tree along the coast of S. Carolina.  It was so much fun; we laughed, sang, read signs at each other, played funny games, and took pictures up and down the coast.  I kept asking locals to help me find a Palmetto Tree (For those of you who don’t know they look just like any other Palm tree but aren’t). None of the locals could even agree on which palm was correct -  In the end I have pictures with like ten different types of Palm trees and scrapbooked them all.  I am sure one is a Palmetto.

Idaho – I have to find a peregrine falcon…. Yes you heard me right a PEREGRINE FALCON.  Im not sure if any of you remember, but when we drive through Yellowstone looking for animals Becky was always the one who found them.  She would point and say, look at the Moose or the Elk…….I would look out the wrong window.  So to say I have struggled with this quest would be an understatement.  Melissa and I have gone many times through Idaho looking for that dang Falcon.  After multiple attempts, I finally I took a picture in a potato field with field binoculars looking up.  My scrapbook states…… We looked High, we looked low, but all we found was a POTATOW J  Aren’t we clever.

Love you all
Marlies

No comments:

Post a Comment