Tuesday, July 31, 2012

becky and adam


Hello Family,

It sounds like mom has had a nice couple of days.  i bet it was fun to go through some of the jewelry.  I have very fond memories of looking through some of that when we lived in Brigham.  We have been buying old clip-on earrings from estate sales around the area.  Elizabeth has loved playing with them, and Claire and Matthew also liked playing dress up with them while they visited.

The summer in New Mexico has been very busy.  Adam, EJ and I have been in the field almost every other week.  We camp out for two nights and spend three days looking at spring waters and doing geology of the Zuni and Sandia Mountains.  I have really learned a lot and feel very good about the knowledge I have for completing my PhD.  I still have 2-3 more years to go, but it sure is nice to have a good grasp on the science.

Adam is hard at work doing two major project (other than taking care of EJ and helping me in the field).  He is going strong with glass and has been juried into two gallery shows, one in Mesa and one in Santa Fe.  He is also participating in three mineral shows throughout the rest of the year.  He is able to sell his minerals as well as his art.

Elizabeth is growing and learning so much!  She is really chatty and trying to talk.  When she sees letters she will start to sing A E I O U and point at all of the words.  She has gotten better at shapes, but still isn't getting colors.  She loves to jump and run.  She is so great in the field.  She is patient and never fussy.  If she gets hurt (happens more frequent than I wish), it doesn't take anytime to get over it.

We love you all and hope all is well with each of you and yours
becky

No comments:

Post a Comment