Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ben and tamme mathews

I guess I will take a stab at the weekly family update. This last week was full of snot and coughs that have continued into this week. I am to blame, I started all the hacking and nose blowing. The only two not affected yet are Sadee and Kloey. Can I tell you how grateful I am for the health of my children. We truly are blessed.

The end of last week was the highlight of the week. One, I turned 32. I didn't feel old until I realized that with my birthday I would be turning a year older. I don't feel old enough to have 4 kids and a husband. (unless I talk to the kids in seminary, they are quick to remind me how old I am). My birthday was a low key day. Ben went with Kael on his Kindergarten field trip. They went to a pumpkin patch and Ben was in charge of 5 kids, plus being Mrs Doerr's strong helper. He really looked forward to it and had a lot of fun, but was tired when they got home. One of Kael's classmates told Ben that if he didn't like his wife she was available. Ben never ceases to amaze me, he can play with and interact with all ages groups. From the young to the old.

As a birthday surprise my parents came for the weekend. It was so fun to have them and just them. Our kids just love visitors and when its grandma and grandpa its extra special. While they were here we watched Kael's last football game, craved pumpkins, decorated a haunted house and played with stickers. My mom and I got to spend time at Super Saturday. She helped me do my projects and took care of Sadee. Ben and I even went to a movie. We saw Hereafter and I will just say...snoozer.

The biggest surprise of all was my birthday gift. Ben is taking me to NEW YORK! He has a business trip in New Jersey, so we will go a few days early and go sight seeing in New York with Tim and Jill. I am super excited.

Today is our 9th anniversary. It sure has blown by. Looking back on where we started and where we are now, I am amazed at all we have been blessed to do, see and been given. I am so grateful that I have been able to do it all with Ben and can't wait to see what the next 9 years bring. BRING IT ON!

We love and miss you all. Just in case you have forgotten, Hotel Mathews in Princeton, TX is always open.

Love to you all
-Tamme

PS new pictures coming to the blog klododidlio.blogspot.com soon

No comments:

Post a Comment