Monday, October 18, 2010

adam and becky frus

Hello Family
well, we here in arizona are doing great! we have been really busy with school and glass and trying to get ready for the baby.

I was up at the grand canyon all week for the grand opening of the Trail of Time. The project that I have been working on for my masters thesis. the media people at nps have put together a flicka page, so if you want to see some of the pics go to the link below.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grand_canyon_nps/sets/72157624999234563/

it was a great opening with a 4 day workshop that included some very prestigous people from the national park service, researcher professors, educators and myself... ;-) I was able to network and meet some people that I would love to later get a job, once I graduate, and so am glad to have participated. Everyone was concerned that I would have the baby in at the Canyon, but I knew all would be okay.

John and Sondie Frus (my inlaws) came to the last day of the opening and were able to walk the 2mile trail with me and it was very fun to have them here.

We then flew down the mountain and back to the valley to attend a glass blowing demonstration that Adam was giving at the Heard Museum with his mobile glass blowing studio. Here again a very prestigious event with a world renown glass blower and the director of the museum impressed with Adam's work and ablility to teach and talk to the crowd. it was a great experience to have Adam working with the Master of glass and especially because it was out of his own studio.

The baby is getting bigger and bigger and I am finally getting ready to have her. My belly is getting really big and I am always tired, but everyone is healthy and just awaiting the arrival.

anyway, love each of you and can't wait to hear from all of you
becky

No comments:

Post a Comment