Monday, October 25, 2010

nick and deb sorensen

Hello Family!

My kids are doing well. I seem to loose patience with Claire a lot lately, but I'm trying to just give her more attention. When I'm ready to tear my hair out, I try and give myself a "time out". It seems to really help. Sigh. My life revolves around feeding/sleeping schedules for Matthew, attention/potty training with Claire, trying to survive with very limited time with Nick. We're doing just fine though.

Nick's adventures this last while have revolved around Homecoming. He did a bang up job with the sponsors. He was the go to guy on the Merlin Olson (NFL pro player who was raised in Logan and went on to USU) Statue and Field Dedication. He brought in a TON of sponsors for that, too. He met the family, was invited so several of their events, planned quite a few of them, too. His week looked something like this:

Monday-Thursday: started most days at 5am, finishing sponsor packets, meet and greets, putting together alumni events/packets, and too many other things for me to list. Then he'd come home and be in charge of the kids until I finished teaching at 7:30 or 8pm. with paperwork until 11 or 12 most nights.

Friday had several events and the actual installation of the statue for Merlin Olson with a dinner/reception that evening. He hung posters, worked check in tables, bought flowers, tried his hand at decorating a few things. With pumpkins. Made it home about 10pm

Saturday started at 6 with a breakfast to introduce all the honorees, including the football team from '61-62 and others. then the parade, then the statue unveiling and dedication, then clean up and the football game (we were slaughtered by Hawaii 45-7; it poured rain the whole time). Then a family party for Merlin Olson.

We tried to go to as many of the events as possible. Matthew was a trooper and fussed VERY LITTLE! Claire was a handful. She has decided that she doesn't like naps, even though her body is so tired it's WIRED! (any suggestions, moms, I'd love them!) We went to the parade, the statue dedication, the tailgate party, the game (well most of it) and then I went with Nick to the party.

Nick was mentioned so many times with a vote of thanks for all that he did. Usually it was listed liked this: We'd like to thank Vice President Ross Peterson and Nick Sorensen, ..........blah blah blah. Really neat for him to be listed with his boss' name so often. A great honor. Nick is exhausted and I really need to take him on a vacation, but he really is so amazing. I knew my family would be okay if I bragged about him a bit.

check out nick's events of Homecoming here.

Claire is starting to say her prayers without help. "Fader, grateful, day, fam-ly, monies in da bank, married in da temple, go on mission! grammie, grumpy, Christ, Amen!

Matthew is still really congested, but he's doing better. We're grateful for good docs and medicine.

We love you all so much,

-deb

No comments:

Post a Comment