Tuesday, March 1, 2011

adam and becky frus

hello from arizona...

Things here in AZ are going great! Elizabeth is all smiles but has yet to laugh. She seems to be growing so much everyday and is getting so strong. I got to spend the last week with her and she is so good. Everyday is a different sleep schedule, no matter how hard I try, but it seems to be working! she slept 8 hours last night. (instead of the 4-5 hours)

I got some great news and that was an unofficial offer from University of New Mexico (UNM) in Albuquerque, to attain my PhD in Geological Sciences. I would be studying hydrology and chemistry along with geology to look at water deposits, possibly in the Grand Canyon. I was offered a 4 year teaching contract on campus and it is an exciting offer. We are going through some decisions over the next several months and would appreciate everyone's prayers for guidance as we decide the next move for our family. I am also still hard at work on writing my Masters Thesis and doing a Technical Review and Defense with my advising committee...very nerve racking and lots of work.

Adam just had a really successful show at the Desert Botanical Gardens with the Highway Hotshop, the mobile glass blowing studio. They were there for 8 days (all day and night) and did demonstrations and taught lessons. It was awesome!! He worked so hard and it really paid off.

You are all in our thoughts and hope all is good
becky

No comments:

Post a Comment