Friday, September 24, 2021

From Grandma Arlynn's journal when Deb was born...

These are notes from Grandma Arlynn's journal when Debbie was born.  Nice to read her thoughts regarding you guys!  Much love from me Mom


Rosemary Mathews

Grandma Olsen was given a journal for mother’s day in 1982 and she kept it faithfully until 1985.  It’s possible there are other journals out there, but this is all I’ve found so far.

I have been scanning the first few pages and found some entries I thought you might enjoy.

May 24th  Bill called at 8:30 to tell us Rosie had a baby girl.  Born at 6pm weighted 7 lb 10 oz.

May 25th We went over to the Brigham City Hospital to see Rosemary and baby girl.  She’s a little doll.  Lots of brown hair.  We picked up Timmy and Ben at the neighbors and brought them home for a few days.  Their full of life, but are so sweet with each other.  Good kids.

May 27th I washed the boys clothes and in the afternoon went to the doctors for a reading on my blood pressure.  My heart was still beating irregular but my pressure was down to 170 over 86.

May 29th I cleaned house and washed so the boys clothes would be clean to take home.  They were so happy to be going home to see their new baby sister.  After supper we took them back to Brigham.  They had really missed their parents and Luke, Marlies and Becky.  They were so happy with the new baby.  She’s a little doll.  We were glad that we could tend them while Rose was in the hospital.  They are sure lively guys but were good kids.

I’m guessing there are other entries but these are just the first few pages.  She talks about Brian’s graduation from Law School in May as well as my 21st birthday. 

On mother’s day she said “received lovely gifts and cards.  I am so grateful for our families.  Each one is so precious!

She was quite the lady.  Sure do love her!!! 

Love Leeaine

No comments:

Post a Comment