Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Genealogical Question 1&2

 1. Rosemary Dunn Olsen Mathews

   Dunn is my Mother's maiden name.
   Olsen is my Maiden name
   Mathews is my married name.

As a girl, our family did not have a lot of books.  However, after my Mom died, I became a bit more interested in reading.  As I looked through our books, I was fascinated to find a book titled Rosemary.  Later I was told that my name had come from that book title.  It occurs to me now, that Rosemary also contains my mother's first name...  Mary Alyce Dunn.  I am sure that made the name Rosemary become even more desirable, as It was my Mother's name.
Today it seems that the name "Mary" is not in vogue.  Popular or not, I still love that name.  Christ's mother's name was Mary.  She provides a wonderful role model for any young girl.


1. Wilvan Woodrow Mathews
    Wilvan is a "Made up" name that Bill's Mom, Lorraine, gave him.  Bill's Grandpas' names were William and Van.  She created Wilvan from these two Grandfathers.  I have never seen that name used anywhere else.  Woodrow is Bill's father's name.  They called him "Woody" for short. His full name is Woodrow George Mathews.  Woody's biological name was Levi Williams.  The Mathews adopted him as a baby and renamed him Woodrow George Mathews soon afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment