Thursday, September 20, 2012

Small Plates of Grandma Rosi #20

Good Morning

I am sitting at my desk with a blank mind, needing some inspiration about what to say.

As I look around my room I see pictures:   

Pictures of a family that I love so much and am very proud of:

     
     Little grandchildren who are growing up and changing so fast.   

     Our children who have families and responsibilities far beyond what I have any more.  We are so grateful for you!!!

     Dixie, Carol, John...   Dad's and my brother and sisters.

     Our ancestors who have paved the way for us here in this life.  I thank them for the heritage they have left us both in family and choices.

     And the wall....    The one that Marliesi created for us:  "Grandkids...  Each one adds two feet to our family tree"   with all of the heights of our grand children

Pictures of my school kids:

     Favorite places we sung like New York, Tucson Arizona, Mountain View.

     Art work they have created for me

     In my drawer are the programs of 10 amazing Mega Concerts that have sucked creative and life blood from me but have been so rewarding.

Emblems:

    KooKoo clock from a trip to Germany with the Utah Young Ambassadors of Music.

    A table that has folding leaves that belonged to my Olsen grandparents (whom I never met)

    A set of china dishes purchased by Lloyd Olsen in 1967 for Dad's and my wedding.

And Finally:

     A statue of George Washington.  A man of honor, integrity and sacrifice.

    A picture of Christ (also a gift from Marlies).  His head is bowed in deep thought, His hands pressed against His lips.  What is He thinking about?
    Or maybe He is saying a prayer.  It is very moving and beautiful.  I think that several of you have this same picture in your home.

For all of these things I give thanks.  I am so blessed.   I pray that you are all well, safe and happy.

Love Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment