Monday, January 10, 2011

nick and deb sorensen

Hello Family!

It’s been a long break, but I’ve been busy. As I’m sure you all have been. It has been so nice to see all the photos of the families this Christmas. I have you all on my fridge and Claire talks about Emma and Quincey all the time (because she sees them the most, not because she doesn’t love all of you tons).

Our Christmas holiday was long, but good. My brother-in-law (Daniel) was married on the 18th of December to his high school sweetheart (Sarah). They live in Rexburg, ID while she finishes student teaching and he goes to school. It was really different to be a part of that side of the family’s wedding plans. I didn’t really do anything but listen to the plans, but it was very different.

Matthew and Claire have been on the sicker side this week and I’ve been working (I have a job in Nick's office to scan the financial docs to make them digital) a ton before my students start (this week), so Nick has been Mr. Mom when he gets home from work. This last weekend, Nick went through a two page list (figurative list) of items he saw that needed done. He did about 12 loads of laundry, caulked the windows, took out garbage, fed the kids, made dinner and generally was amazing. I think I got a pretty good husband.

Claire is crazy! She is SO bossy! She pushes kids around, hits others and then immediately says "sorry". ARGH! the angrier I get with her the worse her behavior. We've really been working on using a positive voice with her even when we are mad to help this. We'll see. She was an angel this weekend, but she's been so sick we'll see if it'll wear off.

Matthew is adorable. He sits up. Claire can start him laughing like nothing I've ever seen. She loves her brother a lot.

Nick starts school this week, too. He spent ALL of last week at work and then at a refresher course to brush up his math skills. He will be taking Accounting 2030 (or something like that) this semester to work on his prereques for his MBA. He’s received 3 different options of job offers. We call them A, B and C.

A- He would work with Alumni Chapters to establish events and parties to further the alumni’s interest in what’s going on with USU.
B- Development Officer of the Jon Huntsman School of Business. He would be a fundraiser to bring more money into the college.
C- Sponsorships within the community for specific events. Some of what he’s doing currently, just a more focused position.

Keep us in your prayers so that we make the right decision. We are leaning toward option B. There isn’t much of a pay raise for any of these positions, but the fact that he’s been asked is more than we could hope for.

I start teaching this week. I’m hoping to take a smaller load from USU because they don’t pay so well. I also will plan on helping Mom with her fundraising concert again this year (I’ve helped for the last 2 years). Last year, a principal from Mom’s school saw me teaching and asked if I would be the one to take Mom’s place when she retires. I only wish that was possible! I guess that will be for a different time in my life, I pray. Mom is truly amazing and I’m so grateful that she shows me the reins of music so willingly and so often.

Dixie has asked that I compete in that American Mother’s thing this year. There’s a vocal competition that I’m excited to do. It’s been a while since I’ve performed, but I think it will be good for me. It’s on Feb 4th at Maddox in Brigham for anyone that wants to come!!! ;)

I saw several of you this Christmas. It was really good to catch up. We love you all so much. Please keep us updated on your families.

-Nick, deb, Claire, and Matthew Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment