Friday, January 6, 2023

8 Months

Yesterday Sadee turned eight months old.  The other day I was thinking about the past eight months and how in some ways it seems like so long ago and other times it seems like it was just yesterday.  

Last week I had the Early Childhood Intervention people come out and evaluate Sadee.  She was not rolling or baring weight on her legs.  They came and evaluated her motor skills and in all other areas.  My doctor had said we should wait until her nine month appointment, but I didn't want to wait till then.  I wanted to start her on any exercises or whatever earlier rather than later. 

To qualify for their program, Sadee had to be delayed by 2 months or more.  Her results?  She is just fine.  The physical therapist said her score was 6 months for motor skills, but since she was not technically 8 months she did not qualify.  She also was not worried about her.  She felt like she wasn't baring weight because she didn't want to, not because she couldn't.  She felt that way because Sadee will stand, but just will not push up to a standing position. 

In the past 2 weeks she has started to roll more and can almost push her self into a crawling position.  For the longest time she would not roll.  If put her on her tummy, she would immediately roll to her stomach and just stay there.  But now she is rolling more and more. 

She seems to have grown up so much over the last few weeks.  She is more interactive with us.  Not that she was never not interactive.  I have never been worried about her emotional or social development.  She has always been very alert and aware.  She just has changed and I don't really know how to describe it. 

She is such a joy.  Right now she has a pretty yucky cold.  Her nose is just a faucet and her right eye is very watery.  When she is sick I have noticed that she does not eat much baby food.  She prefers to just nurse.

I am not a girl of many words or one who can really articulate, but I just absolutely love this little girl.  It is amazing how much we can love.  I remember when I was pregnant with Kael and was worried I wouldn't love him as much as I love Kloey.  I just couldn't see how that would be possible.  One look at him and I knew how silly I was.  Our Heavenly Father is amazing and has given us a wonderfully endless capacity to love. 

Ben asked me today if I was ready to add another one.  To my mom's dismay, I have to say that I am close.  (She thinks they should be 3 years apart, but I don't.)  I don't think our family is complete.  I would love to say I know that there are a few little brothers waiting, but who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment