Monday, June 4, 2012

tim and jill

Here is my favorite memory of DAD:
 
Last year when we experienced one of the most challenging times in our life, Dad really showed his LOVE for our family.  As soon as he heard the distressing news, he was on the next plane here to be with us.  He was here, through all the tears, chaos, and struggles.  I will always cherish the conversations I had with him that week and how he allowed me to just vent, feel safe, and be ME!  He was playful with Elle and Liam and made them smile and laugh during a time of stress and confusion. That week, we really needed support, and the way he reached out to us and showed his LOVE and support during that time made an impression in my heart forever. That week, “Bill” became someone in my life that I will call “DAD” with a meaning behind it.  That title is very dear to me because I thought no one could ever come close to being a dad to me besides my own dad.
 
Love, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment